bug in GetOperationNameFromSoapAction

Jun 24, 2009 at 8:43 AM

Hi Santosh.

I have discovered a bug in the GetOperationNameFromSoapAction method in the BasicSoapMessageHandler class in MockingBird.Simulator.Framework project.

After the soapAction variable is assigned, it contains quotes at the start and the end:

"\"http://webservices.online.co.uk/Private/ObcProductManagementWs/GetProductDetails"\"

This value gets passed to the next line of code:

Uri soapActionUri = new Uri(soapAction);

This will throw an exception because the Uri constructor cannot handle strings which contain quotes. I have put a hack in the code (just before the above line of code) to get round this:

soapAction = soapAction.Replace("\"", string.Empty);

Of course I could be doing something wrong myself. Any feedback would be welcome.

By the way, I have been using MockingBird for the past few days and I have been very impressed. I have been looking for something like this for ages.

Kind regards,

Ray.

Coordinator
Aug 4, 2009 at 10:32 AM

Hi Ray,

Apologies for not getting back sooner. I havent been getting any notifications from this workspace and I overlooked the forums while updating the main page(s) !! Remiss of me...

Actually the fix you put in is correct. It is not a hack. That was reported by someone else also and I have put that fix into the latest source change-set. Thank you for the feedback. I'm glad you like the tool. If you have any suggestions on how it can be improved, please let me know.

Cheers

benjy